CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Why not to catch the softball with your face!

A couple days after Eric arrived at Sheppard he was out catching fly balls and he decided to try to catch it with his face. LOL, just kidding. The ball got lost in the sun and came and hit Eric right on the nose. Although, he did still manage to catch the ball. I was still back home in Henderson when I get a call from a weird number. All Eric says is "Babe, I'm in the ER" umm.. okay for what? Then he finally goes on to say that he was hit in the nose with the softball and it's broken. Phew, okay I can deal with that! :) We skyped later that night and this is what his nose looked like:

I forgot when he went back to the doctor, but we found out he had to have surgery within a week or two. The swelling went down for the most part and you could only tell it was crooked by really looking at it. I moved down to Wichita Falls on June 12th and later the next week we found out that his surgery was going to be on my Birthday! Bummer! Out of all the days in June they HAD to pick Thursday the 18th?!
After surgery Eric was pretty much on bed rest for a couple days. It looked pretty bad, but surprisingly he didn't have any bruising. On the 3rd day he was finally fed up of sitting at the house so I agreed he could go to Walmart with me. I made him ride around in this:

He was still on a lot of pain medication so it was pretty funny to see him operate it.
It's been a month and a half since the surgery and his nose looks great! Though, he is constantly and picking his nose because it hurts to blow it. It's still very tender, but it's getting better! Thank God for free health care!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary