CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

EEEEK! YAY!

I finally got a KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer last night! YAY! I have been wanting this for so long now, but couldn't wrap my head around spending $200+ on a mixer.

We were at Lowes looking around at the washers and dryers when I saw that the Stand Mixers were on sale. I was originally looking at the Classic (unless I could persuade Eric into getting me the pink Artisan) because it was at least $100 cheaper and does the same thing. Lowes had a black Artisan originally priced at $285 (which is normally priced at $300 everywhere else) and then discounted to $199. We were still kind of on the fence and looking through what else they had when we noticed that the black one was actually $159!! SCORE! But wait a minute they didn't have anymore! :( We were allowed to take the floor model which doesn't come with a manual or two of the normal included attachments (bread hook and flat beater) BUT I already know how to use it so no need for the manual (especially when you have internet) and the 2 attachments are $30 together at most. We took the thing up to check out and got an extra 10% off because Eric is military (another score!) and then found out we also got a $30 mail in rebate and a free cookbook!

All in all I got a $300 Stand mixer for $120. I couldn't be happier! Now if only I can find a sale like that on a Keurig! :)

I can't wait to use it!!


We also found the washer and dryer we want, but can't decide if it's worth spending our whole tax return on. I really don't know if we should get something cheaper that we will probably replace in a few years or spend the extra money on something we both love that will more than likely last awhile. Hmm.. decisions decisions. I want these..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary